Pre-Elementary and Grade School Department
Level 3 Re-Accredited Status by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges & Universities (PAASCU).
- To work towards an integrated Christian Life steeped in Gospel values and attitudes for the building of the Church of the poor.
- To promote integral human development and enabling relationships in the spirit of mutual respect, trust and love.
- To harness skills and competencies towards the attainment of a sovereign Filipino nation and transformed world-community.
- To instill a sense of mission for social transformation in the face of oppressive structures and inequalities.
- To form an enlightened citizenry who ascertain, develop and preserve desirable Filipino traditions and values.
- To develop a lifestyle that safeguards the integrity of creation.
- To foster a gender sensitive education that liberates women and men to a new partnership of shared responsibility at home and in society
- To provide opportunities for integral human formation in the light of Christ’s teachings and the examples of the three women disciples, namely: Mother Mary, St. Theresa of Avila and Mother Marie-Louise de Meester.
- To develop basic knowledge, values, attitudes, skills, habits, beliefs and potentials that would be a positive contribution to the country and the global community.
- To instill a sense of mission and show concern for the last, the least, and the lost.
- To aspire to live simply and to be ecologically friendly.
SUBJECT AREA OBJECTIVES (NURSERY AND KINDERGARTEN)
To cultivate and develop skills in number readiness which will lead to the development of number concepts through varied exercises, exciting activities and games (indoor and outdoor)
To develop proficiency and competence in identifying colors, comparing and classifying sizes, shapes, positions and directions of things, understanding sets and sets elements and in identifying and writing cardinal numbers (0-10) and ordinal numbers (1st – 5th) through meaningful mathematical learning experiences.
To inculcate, embed desirable values and attitudes through various functional, creative and simple integrated activities.
To relate number concepts to socio-economic situations in their level that ultimately develop socially aware and honest citizens who can help her fellowmen as act of Christian service.
To develop the essential skills needed to communicate effectively and show interest and enjoyment in reading by taking initiative in reading independently materials within their level and span of interest.
To acquire experiences that will develop good communication skills and encourage preschoolers to listen, speak, write and think critically.
To develop competence and proficiency along the four areas of communication such as listening, speaking, reading and writing by participating actively in the meaningful, true-to-life learning experiences in language.
To discover the joy of being able to communicate effectively and spontaneously and at the same time develop attitudes, skills and understanding that are not only useful but also form part of their foundation for future intellectual undertakings.
To make language learning a discovery and a living experience through appreciation of value oriented poems, rhymes, short stories and action songs suited to the learners needs, level of interest and enjoyment.
To develop the necessary skills in communicating in Filipino and to provide experiences that will promote nationalism and build Filipino identity and preserve our cultural heritage, and foster unity among our people for the common good.
SUBJECT AREA OBJECTIVES (GRADE SCHOOL)
» To develop a deep and personal relationship with Christ through:
- well-planned, relevant and inculturated program of religious formation; and
- opportunities for regular participation in Eucharistic Celebrations, confessions, prayers, reflections, recollections, Bible study and contextualized liturgical and paraliturgical celebrations.
» To help develop the Christian Filipino values along with increasing awareness of the feminine principles; of social system, of relationships with self, family, community, nature and things, and God.
SOCIAL STUDIES / ARALING PANLIPUNAN
» To study the growth of communities and nations through significant and relevant events in the quest of the Filipino people and other Third World peoples for justice, peace, sovereignty and solidarity; and to understand, critique and appreciate the genuine cultural heritage that of the indigenous people ringing about a better quality of life and social relationships.
COMMUNICATION ARTS (English and Filipino)
» To develop the necessary skills in communicating in Filipino and English to provide experiences that will promote nationalism and build Filipino identity and preserve our cultural heritage, and foster unity among our people for the common good.
» To strengthen understanding of the number system, computational skills in the application of mathematical principles, reasoning ability in analyzing numerical situations pertinent to everyday life.
» To acquire and utilize scientific knowledge and skills and utilize appropriate technologies, inquiry as a way of thinking and by solving scientific as well as everyday problems relative to one’s environment and its resources, thus enabling one to promote an sustain a quality of life contributive to the welfare of society.
» To enhance the development and appreciation of the beauty of rhythm, melody and harmony as well as draw the sentiments and aspirations embodied in Philippine, Asian and other folk and classical music.
To develop positive values, attitudes, skills and habits needed for the creative expression of ideas and ideals through varied art activities and art materials, as a source of enjoyment and as a manifestation of responsiveness to society.
» To develop and maintain sound, creative and indigenous health and physical education programs which enhance the wholistic well-being of mind, spirit and body.
» To provide basic learning and meaningful experiences in personality development, home management and family economics in view of contributing effectively to community building.
» To realize the value of good planning, order, precision and purposefulness in all undertakings; to appreciate the value and dignity of work balanced with a capacity for healthy recreation and relaxation.
» To equip pupils with the basic knowledge and skills in computer literacy for them to be competent in this highly technological world.
DEARS (Drop Everything and Read and Share)
» This is to enhance the reading and oral communication skills of the pupils. It is based on the constructivist idea that children learn to do things by doing them. Thus, they learn to read by reading. DEARS means a period of uninterrupted reading of self-selected books, other reading material and guided reading in the classroom. This happen everyday except Friday at 12:40 – 1:00 pm. All pupils from Grades 1-3 have a controlled reading while Grades 4-6 told free reading. Five minutes is allotted for the pupils to share what they’ve read.
These workshops contribute to the promotion of spiritual consciousness and mission vocation.
- » ANGELS OF THE ALTAR
- » CHILDREN OF MARY
- » DE MEESTER FRIENDS
- » MISSION HEARTS
These workshops contribute to the promotion of social awareness, environmental consciousness and civic responsibility.
- » ATHLETICS WORKSHOP
- » CHILDREN’S THEATER (Teatro Teresiana)
- » CULINARY WORKSHOP
- » FRIENDS OF THE EARTH
- » ECOLOGY WORKSHOP
- » LIFE SAVERS
- » YOUNG CITIZENS (Junior Girl Scouts)
- » HOMEMAKERS WORKSHOP
- » SARILIKHA ARTS AND CRAFTS
- » FRIENDS-CONNECT
These workshops strengthen and deepen curricular programs. They are offered to the above-average pupils.
These workshops include:
- » BOOK LOVERS
- » COMPUTER WORKSHOP
- » MATH WORKSHOP
- » SCIENCE WORKSHOP
- » SPEECH ENTHUSIASTS
- » YOUNG THERESIAN SPEECH WORKSHOP
- » TINTA AT LETRA
- » JUNIOR WRITERS CLUB
These workshops cater to the needs of the pupils who are gifted in the fields of art, music, dance and self-defense.
- » ART FOR BEGINNERS
- » ART ENTHUSIASTS
- » DANCE WORKSHOP
- » MARTIAL ARTS WORKSHOP
- » STRING ENSEMBLE WORKSHOP
- » VOICE ENSEMBLE
- » Taekwando
- » Violin Lessons
- » Piano Lessons
- » Art/Painting
- » Theater Arts
- » Volleyball
- » Jumpstart Lessons in Reading
- » Personality Enhancement Workshops
- » MathTalino
- » Public Speaking
- » Karate
- » Dance Workshop
- » Journalism and Creative Writing
- For Nursery, the applicant must be born in January to July For Kindergarten, the applicant must be born in January to July
- Birth Certificate from the NSO (original and photocopy)
- Catholic Baptismal Certificate (photocopy)
- Two (2) copies of identification picture (1” x 1”)
- Photocopy of Report Card (Form 138) for Kindergarten, and Grades 1 to 6 applicants.
- Letter of Recommendation from the Guidance Counselor or Class Adviser of the previous school (Grades 1 to 6)
Additional requirements for Aliens:
- Two (2) photo copies of ACR, passport, length of stay duly certified by DepEd.
- For Non-resident Aliens, permit to study.
GRADE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS & SUBJECT AREA COORDINATORS
|Basic Education Principal||:||Mrs. Angeles B. Generale|
|Academic Coordinator||:||Mrs. Estrella H. Godinez|
SUBJECT AREA COORDINATORS
|Araling Panlipunan||:||Ms. Delia A. Besabella|
|Christian Living Formation||:||Ms. Rachell Anne Taneo|
|Science||:||Mrs. Cindy Severino|
|Mathematics||:||Mrs. Mercedes Kintanar|
|Filipino||:||Mrs. Aileen Pañares|
|Edukasyon Pantahan at Pangkabuhayan||:||Mrs. Mary Gel M. Sungahid|
|MAPEH||:||Mrs. Evelyn Agbon|
|English||:||Mrs. Jo Anne T. Villarosa|
SUBJECT AREA COORDINATORS
Grade School Principal’s Office | 255-3891 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade School Guidance Office | 253-2199